Monday, April 27, 2009

Thoughts..making me mad!

Sitting on my LDC control chair on another boring afternoon...thoughts plaguing my mind like mosquitos on a summer evening...DVC restricted our power intake limit...God 2 generators still in outage...what would I do when all people switch on their lights in the evening ...my twitter is working superb...i am beginning to like it somewhat..but still need more users to justify its use...i think its more useful for people who do their job on the PC or are online on PDAs all the time...new Graduate Trainee has arrived for his project...a complete bugger...has got brains but asks too many questions..."What is the Symmetrical Fault breaking Capacity of the 11 KV breaker?" God how would I know! neways I give him something to ponder about for the time being...
Last night I watched "The Thirteen Days"- a well made movie depicting behind-the-scene negotiations during the Cuban Missile Crisis...a very elaborate depiction of the thought processes that go into making every decision that have international ramifications...How every General was gunning for Cuba and bombing it to stone ages knowing fully well that it would lead to a nuclear war and complete annihilation...and how Kennedy refused to be cornered into making that decision...although the results justified Kennedy's actions I am still not sure about the way he personally intervened into the military chain of command to get his way through and avoid a war...but then there were no past examples for him to follow in such a situation...Am just happy he managed to avoid a nuclear war and gave us a chance to see the earth in all its glory...
Another offshoot of thoughts...wat about pakistan...wat should we do in this case..do we have a stateman of the stature required to handle pakistan...or we will have to make do with spineless politicians who are all words but no action...
a call from friend..asking for our HR guys email id...the Trainee again with his question..." There are two ddiffernet fault current ratings for different breakers of same voltage. Which one should I use?" ...Go toss a coin, You Moron... this is not what i said..." Look into more data and use whichever value occurs most number of times." Phew! Got some more time for another 30 minutes... stock markets are all bulls... don't know why...but they must fall ...at least I want them too...for I have booked my profits in current bull run and am looking to reinvest...2 generators are now online.....................................................a phone call................................one of the generators has a problem... is going to be put off...Great! perfect excuse to put half of Jamshedpur without electricity in this scorching heat :D..I know this is a creepy thought...but what else would a bored mind do except for thinking devil...call from boss...a set of instructions...looks like even he is sitting idle ...am back to pakistan...few weeks i was thinking why we will have to go to war with Pakistan in the near future and how we should prepare for it...but this Kennedy movie is forcing me to rehthink...can there be mre diplomatic actions...call from my sweetheart..she is very happy... got excellent feedback on her project in Sunderban from her guide...the trainee is back...wait... ..................
................
................
i made a phone calls and gave him the data he was screwing me for...asked him to call it a day and give me some respite....

its already evening...am taking huge power from DVC ....doesn't look like that I can avoid load-shedding...that's it...I am standing now...2 backup generators are ON...have put off the first Town load available to me....2 plants already on hold ...am putting off the supply for the POSH town area ...a number of phone calls ....SHIT ...have just been informed an important meeting of MD ( Mr. B. Muthuraman) was going on in that "POSH" area...I knew that ;) , just pretended that i am unaware...another 2 backup generators ON...Load has also reduced...time to give back the MD his power ;) ....situation now in control...load under limits....
enough for now...will be back with something meaningful...

1 comment:

  1. Very good line of thought and even better way of transiting each of them and then re-channelizing them to LDC...
    Good one!!

    ReplyDelete